Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My PC

I've decided to post my PC specs. I was on a very limited budget but I think i did well for myself.
I started this build over 2 years ago so some component will already be old.

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8400 overclocked to 3.6Ghz (motherboard limits my overclock)
Motherboard : Went real budget here with a Gigabyte GA G31 MX S2
Graphics Card: Club3D AMD HD5770 OC edition 128bit memory bus is a bit of a let down but really awesome graphics card for those on a budget.
RAM : 2gigs of DDR2(cant remember brand)....2gigs is a bit too little nowadays!!
Hard Drives : 1 x Seagate 160Gb + 1 x Seagate 250Gb....also too little nowadays!!
Case: Cooler Master Mistique - Black
PSU : 600W generic
Sony 19" Flat screen
Wireless logitech mouse(rechargeable batteries a must!!!!)


And that' s pretty much it, I will keep this rig for at least another year before my next upgrade.
By next year I will need a new motherboard and CPU(expecting some great stuff from both AMD and Intel this year) and at least 4gigs of RAM and a 1 terabyte hard drive.

What do you guys think?

6 comments:

  1. Must be nice to have money :P
    Nice blog you have here, I'll be sure to follow daily!
    Chemistry Majors FTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm thats very good for a 2 years old PC

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dead grandma has a better computer than you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah you're case looks quite similar to my Antec. That's good, because I guess it will allow you to do all those upgrades without having to do a complete removal/rebuilt of all your components when you upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice pc! i have something pretty similar actually

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound bad, i'm thinking of building a gaming pc since mine is F-ed up and was old anyways

    ReplyDelete